What to bring
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your personal medicines. The drugstores in Basco may not have them.
- Good trekking shoes. You will do lots of walking. A good alternative may be rubber-soled sandals.
- ATM (Bancnet/Megalink & Expressnet cards are accepted at Landbank and PNB ATMs in Basco) cards. You may leave your credit cards behind.
- Sun block, sunglasses, lipbalm.
- Insect/Mosquito repellant
- Cold/rainy weather outfits (when you come from December to February)
- Phone. And the charger of course.
- Camera including battery chargers and memory cards. (No developing machine for films. Digital pictures can be developed at selected establishments in Basco)
- Identification papers (passports for foreign tourists, any valid ID for locals)
- Music Player. Batanes breathes new meanings to your favorite songs.
- Extra Ziploc plastic containers to water-proof your valuables and gadgets when doing inter-island travel.
- Other special personal items. But basic toiletries may be bought in Basco.
- Just a basic wristwatch, a waterproof one may be best. Don’t bring your expensive jewelry. You won’t need them there.
- Your sense of adventure and love for traditional culture